In times of austerity, innovation proves essential in boosting our business’ and reversing the current economic climate. Innovation must be celebrated and has been the key to pushing these 5 very different Yorkshire companies to one common ground; the forefront of their industries.
- Dewsbury based Apex Hydraulics was established in 1986 primarily to supply the mining and mineral extraction industry. From those early days Apex Hydraulics has grown to be one of the most respected companies in the hydraulics industry. The latest innovation from Apex; COREX is a new range of superior cylinder coatings which revolutionise the duration and durability of their customers crucial cylinders and pistons, imperative in an industry where downtime is so costly. In comparison to Hard Chrome coatings traditionally used in the industry COREX outperforms on bond strength, porosity, hardness, impact, corrosion, wear, is speedier to process and has ecological advantages. Visit their website for more information at http://www.apexhydraulics.co.uk/
- Warehouse Systems, Leeds, supply a vast array of bespoke storage solutions, masters in the art of utilising space they have an impressive resumé of customers and it’s not hard to see why; Their innovative and fresh approach to project management and creative design has put them a step ahead of the rest. By remaining independent and by utilising their network of in-house services WSL have created a smooth and efficient operating system that provides the highest quality products at competitive prices, delivered at impressive lead times. http://www.warehouse-systems.co.uk/
- Philosophia LTD is a recent start-up from a University of Leeds student. Seeing exceptional growth in the first few years of trading, Philosophia have accumulated an interesting portfolio of travel websites and have acquired over 40,000 customers. With a customer satisfaction of close to 100%, whilst competing in highly saturated markets – innovative web UX, marketing and customer service experience have ensured growth for this small Yorkshire outfit. http://www.cruiseh2o.com
- Tadpole Energy Limited, Selby, have created an energy saving device named ‘The Tadpole’ that can be added on to your existing central heating system (oil, electric or gas). 6 years in the making this device works by dissolving oxygen from water in domestic heating systems to prevent corrosion of the system’s vital components. Benefits include reduced energy consumption, reduced CO2 emissions, reduced annual repair and fuel costs, is easily fitted with low initial set-up costs and is silent when running. http://www.tadpoleenergy.com/
- Leeds based medical technology specialist Brandon Medical have used an IP-based open-technology platform to create Symposia®, an award winning fully integrated tele-video system to be used in healthcare. This new technology allows live-interaction like never before between surgeons and medical professionals whilst in theatre, the device sets to transform the teaching and transference of skills from live surgical practise to the classroom. http://www.brandon-medical.com/