Video games are a fuel for excitement for Generation X. Since video games encompass a huge amount of digital sources, there are specific games which require particular software or a device to run.
Nintendo, Play Boy, Xbox, or even PlayStation are some examples of devices and prerequisites that individuals must possess to play games. But one has to admit, no one is actually capable of buying all these devices.
Taking such limitations in mind, this article is going to explain how to play GameBoy Advance games on the PC.
What is GBA?
GBA, also known as GameBoy Advance is a handheld 32-bit video game console which was manufactured by Nintendo in 2001. It is a product belonging to the Game Boy family line, and most of us would remember it as the purple coloured console used to play a number of 32-bit video games as a kid. With the advancement of video game consoles and the variety of games available in the market, GBA was discontinued in 2010, since Nintendo has started manufacturing more advanced products.
How to Play GBA Games on PC?
Step 1 – Download GBA Emulator
An emulator is a software or a hardware, which is installed into a computer to behave in a particular manner.
Within PCs, an emulator makes the computer behave like another device or computer. By downloading GBA emulator on the PC, while playing the game, the computer will act as if it is a GameBoy Advance and thus, will support GBA games or ROMs.
Several emulators are available which can be downloaded in the PC to play GBA games. One can find Game Boy Advance emulators on romsmode.com. Along with GBA emulators, one can even find other emulators of PlayStation, Nintendo, and other consoles.
Downloading the Emulator
- Go to the Emulator section on Romsmania.cc and then find the emulator for Game Boy Advance.
- Make sure to check the type or kind of software before downloading, depending on the software and hardware capacity of your computer.
- Click on the Download button and the emulator will start downloading.
- Once the emulator has been downloaded, click on Run to start the setup installation.
- After the emulator has been installed, activate the software.
- The software of the emulator can also be seen on the desktop of the PC. To start any GBA game, one needs to click on the emulator software to activate it.
Step 2 – Download GBA ROMs
ROMs are used to store data within a computer device. GBA ROMs are basically like a software package of the whole game which can be played on any PC, given that a GBA Emulator is already downloaded within the computer.
One can simply find GameBoy Advance ROMs on RomsMode.Com. It is a website where ROMs can be downloaded of several consoles within the PC so that games of those particular consoles can be played directly on the computer. There ROMs are virus free and poses no risk to the computers. Since GBA games are widely in demand even today, the ROM can be easily downloaded from the mentioned website.
ROMs can even be found on romsmode.com along with several other games of GBA. It is one of the most famous and trusted website for downloading the ROMs and GBA games. Along with GBA games, one can also find a variety of games, which originally belong to other gaming consoles. The games and ROM can be downloaded for free, with no risk of virus or malware.
Downloading GBA ROMs
- Visit RomsMania.cc and select the game from a huge variety of catalogues within the website.
- While selecting the game, make sure you check the rating and also the number of downloads of the particular game. This gives an idea about the authentication and even popularity of the game.
- Select the game and then click on the Download button.
- The ROM will start downloading, and once it’s done, click on Run to install the game on your PC.
- Once the game has been downloaded, first click on the emulator to activate the software and then open the game.
Romsmode has a collection of all the emulators on consoles, and one would also be surprised to look at the huge variety of games available on the website. Just a few easy and simple steps and one can get into the world of the best video games on the PC itself.