There was a time when per spot and Orkut were the only social networks available for people online.
However, these networks were quite limited to few features and never allowed the individuals to run their marketing campaigns online.
Instagram Changing Life of Millions
The concept behind Instagram was simple; the ultimate motive of the platform was to allow the users to share their posts and photos. However, it has grown to be one of the biggest networking as well as the marketing platform of the world with the time.
There are a lot more reasons behind the success of Instagram besides its user-friendly interface and ad-campaigns.
If you look back a few years ago, Google had a monopoly over E-commerce marketing and the business with small marketing investment failed to thrive. It wasn’t easy to run a campaign on Google Adwords, even a small-scale business required a few hundred to several thousand dollars to run a successful campaign. The end results, however, would always be uncertain and unexpected.
Truth to be told is that it has been difficult for small scale business enterprises to invest thousands on running ad campaigns that may or may not be rewarding when it comes to results and lead generation. Fortunately, Instagram has proven itself to be the most useful and cost-effective marketing portal for businesses of all types and scales.
Best Online Social Photo Sharing Portal
According to current statistics, Instagrams have over 800 million users and this number is going to grow non-stop in the coming future. Every single day more than 50 million photos are posted, liked, and shared on the network. The network garners over 1.5 (roughly estimate) billion likes daily.
Having seen the growing number joining of people joining the network, it is just so easy to assess that this network is going to cross trillion users not soon after 2022. With so many people present on Instagram, it is really lucrative to run an advertisement campaign on the network for directing your customers towards brands and services.
There are more than one million influencers on Instagram and more than 2 million self-made fashion icons and celebrities. This network is so diverse, allowing the user to be whatever they want to be. When the user posts any engaging content, it gets viral within a matter of seconds.
If you are an owner of an existing retail business (either brick-and-mortar or online), you can get a big exposure towards your products and services by making an account on Instagram. This entire game is about posting the right content to attract the right audience and converting your audience into sales and profit.
Reasons to Use Instagram for E-commerce Marketing
Whether you are an owner of already established retail business or intend to build one in the future, you can always run ad campaigns on Instagram. The test campaigns could be quite helpful in assessing the following aspects:
- Overall Consumer response towards product and services.
- Rough estimate of return on investment on the product (launched or pre-launched)
- Consumer insights about your brand, products and services
- Analysis of area that needs to be improved for better visibility and response.
- New plans and strategies to use for achieving success without failures.
Even if you run a single campaign by spending a little amount of money, you will have a clear idea of what needs to be done to generate a huge revenue without failing at any step.
Needless to say, Instagram has helped millions of franchises, brands, and sole proprietors in leading their business towards success- and that’s alone with a few ad campaigns.
Fundamentals of Instagram Marketing
Before we dive into more details of how marketing is successfully done through the portal of Instagram, we should talk briefly about the nitty-gritty to understand the simplicity of the marketing and advertising on it.
It goes without saying that this ever-growing social network can help you tremendously creating your brand awareness, improving your online presence, assessing future products for potential profits/ROI and connecting with your customers.
According to a survey, about 70% of Instagram users spend their time online finding products, brands, and interesting items on the network. However, the real deal is to launch the right products, take it to the network for marketing, and promote it with smart strategies.
It is fairly easy to get success on the network, but the brand must come up with the best ways to maintain their success by keeping their followers aka customers engaged. Introduce more offers, bring up new ideas, and let your customers speak their minds. If they have something to share about your products, let them share their insights because it can help you improve your brand identity and overall performance.
Professional Business Account
- The first step towards Instagram marketing is easy; create a business account because it has different features, modules, and some features which you don’t get on a personal Instagram account. Some brand sales managers or marketers make a gigantic mistake by creating a personal account with no brand logo or detail whatsoever. It does not seem to be a professional practice, besides it ruins the brand’s identity. If a user or customer looks through the brand’s name on the social network, he would never get accurate results. Personal profile accounts usually lost in the vast sea of this deep network. Social Followers is helping by providing the Instagram services such as likes and followers, you can buy instagram followers UK and buy Instagram likes UK.
Never forget to do the following
- Even if your brand launches a pre-sale advertising trials on the Instagram, never do it through the personal website.
- Even for initial marketing mockups, make your brand page as professional as you can.
- Share all the details on the page; for example, a link directing to the official page would be great.
- Mention a phone number.
- Share the contact number so your potential buyers could contact you.
Sharing Content on Instagram
You can share videos, pictures, text posts, and infographics on your business account. Everything you share has to be related to the business. But, it should not constrict you from sharing creative content for improving the engagement.
The success of Instagram marketing lies in the word power of your sales picture whether it be a photo, video, or display banner. The primary goal is to attract the users on the network by sharing the content that they want and love to see or read.
Here are some pointers on how to create interactive marketing content:
- Keep your message brief with a call to action button.
- If it is a product video, it should be able to deliver a clear message even to those who don’t understand your language.
- Video marketing is just equivalent to running advertisements on TV or having your message broadcasted on Radio stations and broadcasts. Therefore, it is very important that you do it the best way possible.
- For product marketing through Instagram video, you need to have a great script that could help you get more attention and impression. The script should be friendly, easy to understand and fun to turn into a video content.
- If you are only marketing some products through photos. Try to add details in the way of infographics to help your followers understand what your product is all about.
- To attract more buyers or customers, offer seasonal discounts with some giveaway, it would help increase your sales. Brands sell their old inventory through closeout marketing because this really generates a lot more profit than a brand can ever make throughout the year.
Instagram Statistics: A winner
Fortunately Instagram shows statistics to its users. You get this tool with the business account and it is totally free of cost. There are a lot of better strategies you can build by merely studying the data of the statistics.
What does this tool do? This feature is really simple, works like a traffic analysis report of a particular website or product page. It shows you a lot of informative stats that you could use to improvise on your product marketing methods such as:
- The most engaging posts on your Instagram page.
- Number of followers your brand is getting on based on region, city, or gender.
- Click and impression count.
You can use these statistical figures for devising a bullet-proof marketing strategy for your future products. You would be able to make an assessment of what type of content is earning more impressions and views. Use the same content and replicate its ideas into your Instagram marketing for more products. Make sure not to overdo it because it will become boring in the long run. Try to improve on it by facilitating new ideas.
The stat feature allows you to study how your users or customers are interacting with your posts and what can be done to improve their experience with your brand.
It is suggested that you hire a pro-team for creating or curating the attention-grabbing content. Marketing should be done wisely. Don’t post just for promoting the products, instead spend some time interacting with the customers. Give them a chance to feel connected with your brand by allowing them to contact with their opinions. Welcome their constructive criticism and work on the weak parts to gather more success.
Sell More Smartly
It is an old age sales strategy to sell a product through the video or photo teaser. This has to be done right or else your brand may fall into loss than any profit at all. So how to get sales without even selling on your video?
Modern time marketing methods have been devised smartly for those who want to make the best of Instagram or Facebook marketing. Instead of showing a call-to-action button directly on the photo or video, give your customers a reason to visit your brand page where you have more products they can buy.
Here are some dos and don’ts of Instagram marketing;
- Be moderate in your message. The message should be brief yet very catchy.
- Don’t be pushy and keep forcing your users to click on the buy it now buttons. This would turn your customers off. You don’t want to scare them off, you need to keep them coming for more products and promotional services. And this is also possible when you know how to play your cards right.
- Don’t annoy them or make them feel frustrated by bombarding their inboxes with upcoming promotions.
- Overdoing can kill your brand’s reputation on the social network.
- Convey your message through the right channel.
- Use interactive ways; for example, animated videos garner better results than the normal ones.
- Invite your users to take part in surveys. Not every other post has to be about products, marketing, or sales.
- If it is a special day or holiday, send them wish cards with the coupons.
- Send them online cards on their birthdays through emails. Give them all the more positive reasons to remain a long term customer of your brand or company.
Lucrative Instagram E-commerce Marketing
There are so many ways to turn your followers into regular customers. As mentioned above you can review the demographical statistics of your page to analyze your content for its performance.
If any video, audio, story, or pic content seems to be generating more impressions than usual, you should turn it into a sponsored advertisement. It could definitely help you drive more traffic to the product or website since it is already doing well enough without any promotion in the first place.
You can also do marketing of your latest products through Instagram stories. These stories can be a loop-gift, a small intro video, or anything you want more users to watch. These stories are usually live for 24 hours. The best way of using these story ads is to make the highlights, contrary to the stories, these highlights can be made live on the front page for as long as you want. Use IGTV to promote your product or services and you can buy igtv video likes and views to increase your engagement.
or example, if you intend to promote any particular product all year round. Create a loop video, a gif, or a slideshow of pictures on it. Turn the video into highlights to make it glamorous. Whether you believe it or not, this strategy works like a wonder for many brands these days.
Instagram has indeed changed the history of marketing for both established and newly-built brands that want to garner maximum profit within weeks. Internet marketing is not about running Google Adworks at a hefty price at all, now you can generate sales as a sole proprietor as well, and that’s with a little to no investment at all.
To get success on Instagram, you need to study all the details of modern-time marketing and need to understand how to use the social portals for business without much effort and investment. Visit Social Followers’ Instagram Marketing blog to read more.